Thursday, October 9, 2008

Meeting Notes

NORTHWESTERN BULLS
C/O 1972
MEETING MINUTES
09/26/2008

ITEMS

DISCUSSION
ACTION

OPENING
MEETING & MINUTES


The meeting was called to order at 4:40 pm, with Derwin Cunningham offering the prayer. Don thanked everyone for coming and we continued with the Agenda.


ONGOING


WELCOME


Our classmate Vanessa Bush-Gibson was here visiting from Fayetteville, GA
Her visit home was for a sad occasion, but she found the time to hang out with us. We enjoyed having her. We had a ball.


RESOLVED


POST OFFICE BOX


Glenda checked on the post office box (sizes & price). We discussed the size and voted that we would obtain a 3x51/2 box for $58.00/12months.

RESOLVED



BANK ACCOUNT
INFORMATION


We discussed opening up a Bank Account for the dues and other monies. Maxine Bennett pointed out the fact that the class had previously incorporated, and that it is a good idea because otherwise the treasurer would have to use her social security # as the tax ID # when an account is opened. We voted to keep the same ID # as before, and Glenda & Don will research changing the names of the old officers to the new ones, to avoid having IRS problems.


ONGOING

BY-LAWS




We discussed the By-Laws, and decided to let Don contact Sam regarding the By-Laws from previously.


ONGOING

SOUL BOWL CLASSIC
WITH MIAMI JACKSON
CLASS OF ‘72
(TENTATIVE EVENT)
Don spoke with Nathan Adderley (#88) president of Jackson c/o ’72 regarding a joint Soul Bowl venture they wanted to have with us (Nov. 14, 2008). They agreed that each class would keep the proceeds for their own treasurer from whatever they sold (i.e. Tee-shirts, dinners, or whatever.) A meeting was planned for Tuesday evening 9/30/08 at 7:30 pm, at the Roman Pub, with


ONGOING



ITEM

DISCUSSION
ACTION
SOUL BOWL CLASSIC
WITH MIAMI JACKSON
CLASS OF ‘72
(CONTINUED)



Miami Jackson c/o ’72 officers to finalize this upcoming event, which would be called Miami Northwestern/Miami Jackson Class of ’72 1st Annual Soul Bowl Classic. It will kick-off on Thursday evening Happy Hour from 5 pm-10 pm at the Roman Pub. Friday evening Tailgate party at Traz Powell Stadium from 5 pm until game time. The After party at the Roman Pub
immediately following the game. Saturday: Jungle Queen Cruise at 6 pm.
NOTE: Money for the Jungle Queen has to be paid 1 week prior to the cruise.


ONGOING





Everyone agreed to these activities and voted unanimously.


ONGOING


TEE SHIRTS



Don spoke with someone RE: Tee Shirts. He was told we could buy the Tee shirts for $5.00 and sell them for $10.00. Turn over time for printing them is
3-4 days.


ONGOING


CLASS THEME


Don pointed out the fact that every class member’s role is significant, regardless of how small the role may seem, therefore he suggested we use the theme “Continuing to bring our faith, spirit, and gifts together.” But the group wanted to know what gifts are we bringing? So we took a vote and decided the theme will be: “Continuing to Bring our Faith, Spirit, and Talents Together.”


RESOLVED

WORSHIP
SERVICE

Deacon Charles Wade has invited all class members to worship at his church, Mt. Olive Primitive Baptist Church 6931 NW 17th Avenue on Oct. 26, 2008 at
11:00 am. He is asking that those planning to attend to please RSVP by Oct.
19, 2008, so that they can reserve seating for the class according to the numbers. Please do this by e-mailing Shelley Dames at shelley33056@yahoo.com or call (786) 457-4076.


ONGOING



ITEM

DISCUSSION
ACTION


RECOGNITION


Don brought up the gesture to recognize Sam Solomon and Daseline McPhee for working so hard to make the 30 and 35 year reunion a success. A
Thank you also to the other officers and members who worked with them.


RESOLVED





Special gratitude to Terri Morgan-Johnson and Regina Mims-Kee, respectively for opening up their homes and allowing us to have the first two (2) class meetings.

RESOLVED


FOR THE GOOD
OF THE CLASS

Charlene: “Pray for one another”
Terri: “Keep up the good work.”
Regina: “Stay prayerful, stay strong, and keep on keeping on.”
Shelley: “There is strength in numbers. Let’s make this a success.”
Dot: “Put God first. Keep on recruiting members.”


RESOLVED

FOR THE GOOD
OF THE CLASS
(CONT’D)



Charles: “We’ve always been a strong class.”
Derwin: “It’s good to be here.”
Des: “It’s good to be semi-involved. …..We’re like family….I Love all of you.”
Vanessa: “Receive the Blessings of having each other…Keep the e-mails coming.”


RESOLVED

FOR THE GOOD
OF THE CLASS
(CONT’D)


Glenda: “Hope we can continue to have these meetings and keep up with each other.”
Clarateen: “Glad to be here and glad everyone else is here for each other.”
Don: “Good Meeting!! I want to thank everyone for coming and thank you Regina for having us.”


RESOLVED


MEETING AJOURNED


The meeting was adjourned at 7 pm, with Clarateen’s closing prayer.


RESOLVED



IN ATTENDANCE


Terri Morgan-Johnson Shelley Dames
Don Williams Derwin J. Cunningham
Charles Clinch Charlene Joseph
Vanessa Bush-Gibson Regina Mims-Kee
Glenda Tyse Dorothy Mobley-Williams
Maxine Bennett Clarateen Kirkland

3 comments:

tohmama said...

Thank you Tony. Reading this was delightful. I look forward to getting involved with the class activities.
Well done and thank you.

Cynthia Barnes Hadley

Anonymous said...

Grace and Peace to all my wonderful classmates(1972). It is such a blessing to be apart of the meeting in a virtual way. My prayers are with all of you and especially to the ones who have gone to the kingdom of God. Love and Hugs, Constance (Connie)
Smith-Burwell Nashville, TN

Barbara said...

Hi Cynthia and Constance. I have to agree that this a great tool to communicate with each other. I would love to see everyone and hope in the near future that I will be able to get to Miami by way of North Carolina. Be safe in love and hope. Barbara Mitchell ( Gaiter)